Lent can only mean one thing…
opening day of BBQ 2010 is just around the corner. 😛
Although my grills are buried under at a least 10″ of snow, BBQ is on my mind b/c I’m currently in the process of procuring new grill & charcoal grates, and perhaps getting another 22.5″ One Touch Gold to replace a 12-year-old 18″ Weber that is on its last legs. I’m especially excited about this season b/c
1) my friends got me a Looftligher for my birthday. I got a chance to use it in January and setting stuff on fire is always fun, even if you are using a hair dryer/curling iron on steroids. We’ll see if it can dethrone my trusty chimney starters.
2) I’ve been reading through Seven Fires and I’m excited to use more wood in my grilling and BBQing.
3) I’ve been trying to eat healthier, so I’m eager to try out some new recipes.
4) I’ve been hankering for a real good steak and these pictures have been my only solace. If I look at them any longer, my computer monitor will have bite marks.
5) I’m eager to smoke more butt! Mmmmmm…pork butt!
I’ll be posting pics and recipes so stay tuned.