So one week later, swelling has gone down a bit; I already had cankles to begin with so it’s hard to tell. The pain is tolerable most of the time – every now and then, blood will rush to the joint and it’ll hurt quite a bit. Saw the doctor again today, he said it looks fine so far and he’ll be doing a follow-up x-ray in 2 weeks to see if the bone has set properly. If not, he’ll have to dig in there and fish it out. 😯
I did manage to get a copy of my x-ray from last week:
If you look just above the heel, you’ll see the break. Pretty clean break and it’s in place, so the doctor thinks it should heal just fine. He says it’s still gonna be a solid 4-6 week recovery, which is disappointing as I was hoping to have Wolverine-like healing skills.
So what is Pop doing?
- Resting it as much as possible – Doc said not to put weight on it. Whoops;-)
- Elevating it when I can
- Limiting protein intake – apparently inhibits calcium absorption
- Increasing milk and leafy green intake – calcium
- Not taking Anti-inflammatory drugs – yes, the swelling sucks, but I read numerous articles on how they can inhibit healing
- Using crutches – no more walking around w/ just the boot
- Asking baby momma to help out a lot 😀
Update: Here’s Madden’s version of the above picture: